Techtextil Frankfurt 2022 will take place between 21.06.2022 and 24.06.2022. The event will be in a hybrid format. It will consist of a physical exhibition complemented by a digital platform. The exhibition will have implemented health and safety protocols. Among the safety measures these protocols will include are the following:
- Everyone who visits the site must show that they do not have an ongoing COVID-19 infection. The following documents have government approval for the completion of the task:
- A vaccination certificate with the second vaccination administered 14 days before the event.
- A document confirming a recent recovery from the infection. The document should consist of an official quarantine followed by 2 coronavirus tests. One result must be positive, and the second must be negative. The recovery must occur 3-6 months before the date of the event.
- Negative rapid antigen test or PCR results between 24 and 48 hours old.
- The Exhibition centre will undergo changes related to the strict social distance rules. Among them is widening corridor spaces. Exhibition halls and conferences will also include a new room design. The changes also include separate entrances and exits to prevent congestions. Also, the venue floor will include social distance markers.
- The event centre will feature strict hygiene measures. Cleaning schedules will undergo adjustments to ensure regular disinfection of the venue.
- Participants will have the option of purchasing tickets online. They should note that they need to provide all contact details when registering. Everyone attending the event must wear a face mask in areas such as the exhibition halls.
Techtextil Frankfurt is the primary event for industries that use textile products. It is the central hub for showcasing of latest innovations and market opportunities. It is an international trade show that coincides with the Texprocess trade show. The event takes place at Messe Frankfurt in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. It occurs once every 2 years on even-numbered years.
Business Profile of the Event
Techtextil Frankfurt is an international trade show that attracts professionals from several industries. Among them are fashion, textile, furniture, agricultural, and construction. The landscape, apparel, and mechanical engineering additionally attend. It also attracts specialists from the chemical, electrical medical and environmental protection sectors. Waste removal, and the sport apparel sectors furthermore visit. So do logistics specialists, road construction professionals and education representatives.
Companies that frequent the fair include Sattler Pro-Tex, Bayern Innovativ, and Schoeller Textil. YKK, KCTEX International and Zhejiang Gayon New Materials also attend.
What is New for Techtextil 2022?
Techtextil 2022 will mark a significant change in the scheduling cycle of the event. Beginning with its 2022 edition, the fair will occur once every 2 years on even-numbered years. Techtextil Frankfurt 2022 will also be in a hybrid format. It will consist of an in-person event and a complementing digital platform. The digital platform will contain several services. The services will include:
- Live streaming of conference sessions and talks.
- A dedicated matchmaking programme
- Examine exhibitors by checking company profiles
- A custom-select content timetable
The 2022 edition will occupy for the first time the western section of Messe Frankfurt. The central theme of the rendition will be digital connectivity. This will include a digital textile micro-factory as part of the exhibition. The micro-factory will provide live demonstrations of the textile production chain in operation. This will include showcasing the process within the automobile industry.
Did You Know?
Techtextil Frankfurt can help professionals in achieving several goals. Among them is learning about the new trends, challenges, and innovations. Furthermore, the fair allows them to examine the latest products. Among them are high-tech fibres, smart textiles, composites, nonwovens, and functional apparel fabrics. The trade show also permits conducting business onsite and networking. Attendants can furthermore expand their specialist knowledge. They can also exchange experience and gain recognition.
Techtextil Frankfurt has a comprehensive support programme. One of the main events is the exhibition. It is the location for showcasing various innovations. Such include manufacturing technologies, equipment, fabrics, nonwovens, and functional textiles. Attendees can additionally examine various fibres, yarns, coated textiles, and others. The exhibition includes start-ups and leading companies as exhibitors. The exhibition often includes product groups and focus zones. These feature focus areas such as:
- Research, development, planning, consulting
Presents the latest R&D, planning or consulting developments. The zone gathers in one location research institutes, universities, and polytechnics. Exhibitors furthermore include industrial research centres, service providers, planning and consulting companies.
- Technology, processes, accessories
Presents the latest production processes, finishing technologies and fabric manufacturing machinery. Additionally, attendees can observe new coating, laminating, laboratory and measuring equipment. They can also examine control or monitoring methods, recycling technologies, and technical accessories. The zone furthermore presents the latest quality assurance methods. Often, the zone features new nano/microsystem technologies and textile care. Industrial fabric making-up technology is also a featured type of product.
The area is where professionals can examine various man-made yarns and fibres. This includes innovative glass fibres, yarns, and roving. It also includes metal yarns, natural fibres, monofilaments, and others.
- Woven fabrics, laid webs, braidings, knitted fabrics
Showcases novel woven fabrics, laid webs, braiding, tapes, strings, and cords. It also presents knitted fabrics, belts, ropes, cordage, and nets. It furthermore contains textile bonding systems, membranes, multi-layered composites, and smart textiles. Textiles made from recycled materials are also among the exhibited products.
Showcases the newest coated and laminated textiles. Additionally, it presents the latest tent/tarpaulin fabrics and packaging materials. Sacking, awning material, end-product manufacturing, accessories, and imitation leather are also exhibited.
Presents reinforced and composite textiles. Additionally, it showcases the latest prepregs, structural components and mouldings. Fibre-reinforced materials and membrane systems are also represented. So are various films, sheeting and textile-reinforced plastic for concrete. Attendees can also buy textile sheet products for lamination with solids.
Attendees can examine novel finishing processes, adhesives, sealing and moulding materials. They can also observe laminating, coating, and raw materials. Additives, application processes and material pre-treatment methods are also exhibited. So are plastics and other hardening masses. There are furthermore exhibited adhesive mixing and application equipment and robot technologies. Additionally, attendees can examine plasma treatment and flocking methods.
- Functional Apparel Textiles
It presents new materials, finishing methods and various novel membranes. Also, it presents Wearable Smart Textiles (textiles that can contain electronics or sensors). The zone furthermore presents textiles for future apparel.
- Coated apparel textiles/Finishing/Functionalisation
This zone showcases novel nano/microsystems technologies and wearable electronics. Optical, information-/communication and testing technologies are also exhibited. The zone also contains new apparel concepts, designs, and prototypes.
The zone is the location for examining technical textiles and nonwovens. It contains several subdivisions each featuring a label. The labels include:
- Agrotech - for the latest agriculture, forestry, horticulture, and landscape gardening ideas/products.
- Buildtech - nonwoven construction innovations. This includes novelties related to membrane construction, lightweight and solids structures. Also includes earthworks, hydraulic engineering, and road construction innovations.
- Clothtech - the latest shoe and clothing manufacture developments.
- Geotech - new road construction, civil engineering, and dam/waste site construction concepts.
- Hometech - innovative furniture, upholstery, floor covering and carpet manufacturing developments.
- Indutech - mechanical engineering, chemical and electrical solutions/products.
- Medtech - hygiene and medical product innovations. These include novelties related to the manufacturing, processing, and application of such products.
- Mobitech - the latest automobile, railway, space travel, ship, and plane construction developments.
- Oekotech - new ideas/concepts related to environmental protection, waste disposal and recycling.
- Packtech - goods transportation packaging and covering innovations.
- Protech - the latest developments for personal and property protection.
- Sporttech - the latest products and ideas related to sports and leisure.
Techtextil Frankfurt’s support programme also features the Techtextil Forum. It is where attendees can attend lectures led by leading market experts. It also contains various discussion panels and interactive sessions. These allow attendees to open dialogues with one another. Topics of interest include architecture, clothing, major trends, sustainability, and smart textiles.
One of Techtextil’s event highlights is the Innovation Award. It can help start-ups in gaining recognition. The Award lauds innovative materials, products, technologies, and applications. It also awards exceptional ideas, visions, and concepts. Each nominated selection undergoes a strict examination by a jury of international experts. The nominations will then receive representation in a special exhibition area. The award ceremony takes place on the first day of the fair. The Award has 6 categories:
- New Concept
- New Technology
- New Material
- New Application
- New Product
- Sustainable Solution
The Award winners receive several benefits. Among them is a special exhibition representation. They will also have their project published on social media channels. Furthermore, they will have their projects published in independent trade media. They additionally will have the right to use the Innovation Award’s logo.
The “Textile Structures for New Building” Student Competition allows students to gain recognition. It is a contest where such attendants can submit their architectural nonwoven designs. The Contest competition has several sponsors. Among them is the Institute for Lightweight Structures and Conceptual Design.
Students and young companies can visit the Campus Zone. It is the location for examining education programmes. Also, it contains a Job Wall for job opportunity searchers.
Techtextil Frankfurt is a must-attend trade show for:
- Fashion designers
- Agricultural engineers
- Landscape architects
- Construction engineers
- Building sponsors
- Road and civil engineers
- Furniture producers
- Interior designers
- Project planners
- Mechanical engineering processors
- Chemical processors
- Electrical processors
- Manufacturers of medical supplies
- Research institutions
- Environmental protection engineers
- Shipping and logistics companies
- Safety engineers
- Manufacturers of sports articles.
Start-ups and students can look forward to several events. These include the exhibition, the Innovation Award, and the Campus Zone.
Your Hotel Room in Frankfurt am Main
Invest in your business trip with hotel accommodation selected for your specific need. Travel 2 Fairs Ltd works with you to send you hotels in Frankfurt with an ideal location and price tag. This allows you to select the hotel offers that work best for you. Such as placing you near Messe Frankfurt for a quicker commute. We have long worked with large groups, so you can query for parties of twenty people and more. The entire registration process takes up to a day and you leave all details to us. Also, Travel 2 Fairs ltd assists with logistics as well. You can request a rent-a-car or an airport transfer in both directions, whether it is private or shared.
Techtextil is a biannual event that takes place for 4 days at Messe Frankfurt on even years. Messe Frankfurt GmbH organises the event with visiting hours for the first 3 days being between 9 am and 6 pm. On the 4th and final day of the fair, attendees can visit between 9 am and 5 pm.
Messe Frankfurt is an exhibition centre with extensive public transport connections. This allows you to reach the trade fair site from various transportation hubs. For example, you can access Messe Frankfurt from the central station by taking the train or a taxi. You will reach the venue within 10 minutes when travelling by taxi. The same distance will take 17 minutes when opting for a train commute. You can also walk from the central station to Messe Frankfurt. This will allow you to reach the venue in less than 35 minutes. When travelling from Frankfurt Airport, you can opt for a taxi or public transport. By taxi, you will arrive at the trade fair site in 20 minutes. Via public transport, you can travel the same distance in 50 minutes.
Frankfurt is one of Germany's most important metropolises. It has extensive rail and road connections connecting it to the rest of Germany. This makes accessing Messe Frankfurt from nearby locations easy. For example, there is a railroad between Offenburg and Frankfurt. Via this route, you can reach Frankfurt in less than two hours. Frankfurt has a range of accommodation and dining options. This includes guest houses, hotels, and apartments. Dining options feature restaurants, clubs, bars, pubs, and other eateries. If you are considering a neighbourhood to stay in, choose a district such as the Altstadt.
Audience and Statistics
Techtextil Frankfurt is a high-profile event that receives over 40000 attendees. For instance, its 2019 edition featured 1818 exhibitors and 47000 visitors. Attendees represented 59 countries. Among them were Germany, China, the USA, Pakistan, Korea, Sri Lanka, and Nepal. Several industries attend including fashion, medical, chemical, electrical, automotive and construction. The agricultural, horticulture, landscape, architecture, road, and civil engineering ones also attend. As do furniture production and mechanical engineering. Universities and research institutes attended the fair as well. The hospital, environmental protection, logistics and sports article manufacturing sectors furthermore visit.
Techtextil Frankfurt is a trade show that often excels attendee expectations. For instance, its 2019 edition feature the special event “Urban Living – City of the Future”. It featured the presentation of textile applications involving functional apparel with smart functions. Another novelty was the Techtextil Forum where attendees could exchange ideas and information. The rendition furthermore included a new digital job exchange of the Texexpertise Network. This allows attendants to learn about internships, thesis projects and vacant job positions.