CIOE 2021 will take place as an in-person event at the Shenzhen World Exhibition Centre. It will occur between 16.06.2021 and 18.09.2021. The event will have a strict COVID-19 prevention plan in place. The Safety plan will include:
- All participants must wear face masks in all designated areas of the venue.
- The venue will include services such as online pre-registration, e-payments, and others.
- The Shenzhen World Exhibition Centre will include medical rooms with on-duty healthcare specialists. Attendees with a body temperature exceeding 37.3℃ will be kindly asked to return home. As an alternative, they will be asked to visit the closest observation ward/medical room at the venue.
- Supervision staff will ensure that all participants adhere to the safety measures.
- The venue will provide protective materials. These include hand sanitiser dispensers, antiseptic wipes, face masks and functional areas. Such materials will be available in strategic locations, such as near the entrances.
- The venue will receive regular disinfection before, during and after the exhibition. Exhibition halls, areas with heavy foot traffic and often-used surfaces will receive focus.
- The venue will include measures to maintain social distancing. Among them are traffic lanes with increased space, floor markings and others.
- All who enter the venue must register and provide detailed information.
- Attendees must provide proof of not having an ongoing COVID-19 infection. Valid documents include negative PCR or rapid antigen test results. They can also provide proof of recovery no older than 6 months and no recent than 3 months. Another valid document is proof of vaccination.
The China International Optoelectronic Expo (CIOE) is a leading optoelectronic exhibition. It is the central meeting location for manufacturers, service providers, and equipment vendors. The event allows specialists from optoelectronic industries to learn about cutting-edge technologies. CIOE is also the central hub for learning about innovative solutions and applications. The event furthermore is where such professionals can conduct business and technology exchanges. The event takes place every year at the Shenzhen World Exhibition & Convention Centre.
Business profile of the event
CIOE is the main meeting event for many professionals working in optoelectronic industries. These include contractors, service providers and manufacturers. Distribution/trade agents and academics from scientific institutes or universities also attend. So do association, society, chamber of commerce or industry alliance representatives. Equipment vendors, integrators, and government body representatives additionally attend. So do investment or financing institution members. Members of the media industry also visit the exhibition. Among the industries and sectors that visit the fair are:
- Optical Communication, Information Processing and Storage
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Consumer Electronics
- Defence and Security
- Semiconductor Processing and Manufacturing
- Lighting and Display
- Sensing and Measurement
- Optical Fibre and Cable
- Cell Phone
- Automotive Electronics
- Tablet /PC/Computer/Peripherals
- Wearable Electronics
- Video/Digital Electronic Products
- Household Appliances
- Laser Processing Equipment
- Optical Materials and Components
- Optical Processing Equipment
- Intelligent Equipment/Robots
- 3D Printing
- Machine Vision
- Automotive OEMs
- Hardware Meld
- IC Design
- Chip Manufacturing
- Packaging and Test
- Semiconductor Equipment
- Semiconductor Material
- Infrared Products
- Monitoring Equipment and Systems
- Fire Fighting/Police
- Power Network
- Petroleum and Petrochemical
- Coal Industry
- Solar Energy
- Lithium Battery
- Testing and Measuring Equipment
- Internet of Thing
- LED Packing/Lighting
- LED Display
- Touch Screen/Panel Display
- Medical Imaging
- Health Care
The fair receives exhibitors such as the Hefei Institutes Of Physical Science. Attendees of the event also include companies such as Medi Photonics (Suzhou) Inc.
What is new for CIOE 2021?
The Information and Communication Industry Development Forum will focus on:
- Next-generation optical transmission carrying technology challenges
- Intelligent optical network
- Gigabit optical access technology
- Cloud data centre optical interconnection and high-speed optical module applications
- New generation optical modules
- Optical chips
- Key technologies of devices.
The 5G Optical Transport Network Technology Development Forum will discuss several important subjects. Among them are:
- The development trend of the new generation of optical transport networks
- The latest solutions of 5G prequel
- The control and application of artificial intelligence in optical networks.
- The Optoelectronic Chip Integration Technology and Application Forum will discuss topics related to:
- Optical chips
- Optoelectronic devices
- Optical module integration
- Application technology.
- The Next Generation Data Centre Optical Interconnection Forum will focus on:
- The next-generation data centre optical interconnection and optical connection deployment solutions
Did you know?
CIOE is an international exhibition that can provide help with completing several goals. Among them is networking and connecting with over 89,000 optoelectronic professionals. The fair also allows for gaining recognition by using promotion channels. The exhibition additionally allows for creating new business leads using matchmaking services. Attendees can furthermore learn about potential opportunities by learning about the latest trends.
CIOE is an international trade show with an exhibition area of 160 000 m2. It has a comprehensive support programme which includes an exhibition and 6 sub-expos. The exhibition allows leading companies and start-ups to showcase their latest products. This allows visitors to examine new solutions and applications in the optoelectronic market. They can additionally use the sub-event to network and find new partners or clients. This is due to the exhibition allowing them to examine all optoelectronic branches.
Another main event in the support program is the China International Optoelectronic Conference. It is an international exchange platform where professionals can expand their specialist knowledge. The Conference allows attendees to discuss and learn about the latest optoelectronic technologies. It is the place where professionals meet with academics, industrial, and application experts. At the conference, attendees can visit lectures where various current challenges are discussed. Among them are topics like the latest optics technology and application trends.
As mentioned, the CIOE includes 6 concurring sub-expos. One of them is the Information and Communication Expo. The Expo is among the leading exhibitions for the information and communication industry. It is the location for meeting manufacturers, integrators, equipment, or service providers. The expo allows such attendees to examine or showcase the latest:
- Optical fibres
- Test/measurement devices.
The expo is also where such professionals can check the latest:
- Cloud data centre solutions
- Wireless communication applications
- Manufacturing system equipment
- Operation and service solutions.
Another concurring sub-expo is the Infrared Applications Expo. It is the sole infrared exhibition in China where leading infrared players gather. The Expo allows professionals to showcase new cutting-edge infrared products and applications. Among them are novel:
- UV technology
- Infrared materials and components
- Infrared equipment
- THz monitoring and imaging.
The sub-expo is also the location for discussing and discovering new development opportunities. In particular, the opportunities related to industrial chain technology and market application developments.
The third concurring sub-expo is the Precision Optics, Lens & Camera Module Expo. It is Asia’s most influential exhibition for the optics supply chain. It is the meeting location for companies who specialise in optical materials. The expo also gathers companies that provide machine vision systems, and AR/VR.
The Lasers Technology & Intelligent Manufacturing Expo attracts laser technology professionals. It is the main sub-expo for laser chips, components, and device specialists. It is also where such professionals can examine new solutions. The sub-expo is furthermore the location for examining novel laser products.
One of the leading sub-expos is the Photonics Innovation Expo. It is where demonstrations showcase the latest technologies achieved via photonics research. The platform allows attendees to observe novel applications created by leading universities. Among the institutes that attend is the Shanghai Institute of Optics. Among the novel products exhibited are new photonics materials and intelligent manufacturing solutions. It is also the location for examining optical applications, AR/VR, and so on.
The sixth sub-expo is the Intelligent Sensing Expo. It is an important sourcing platform for sensing products such as 3D vision. Professionals can also examine novel industrial measurement, millimetre wave radar, and IoT solutions.
The CIOE is a must-attend event for professionals working in the optoelectronics field. These include:
- Service providers
- Distribution/trade agents
- Academics from scientific institutes or universities
- Association, society, chamber of commerce or industry alliance representatives
- Equipment vendors
- Government body representatives
- Investment or financing institution members
- Media industry members
Start-ups can look forward to the 6 concurring sub-expos of the fair. They can also consider using the matchmaking programme.
Your Hotel Room in Shenzhen
Invest in your business trip with hotel accommodation selected for your specific need. Travel 2 Fairs Ltd works with you to send you hotels in Shenzhen with an ideal location and price tag. This allows you to select the hotel offers that work best for you. Such as placing you near the Shenzhen World Exhibition Centre for a quicker commute. We have long worked with large groups, so you can query for parties of twenty people and more. The entire registration process takes up to a day, and you leave all details to us. Also, Travel 2 Fairs ltd assists with logistics as well. You can request a rent-a-car or an airport transfer in both directions, whether it is private or shared.
CIOE is an annual exhibition that takes place for 3 days at the Shenzhen World Exhibition Centre. The Shenzhen UBM Herong Exhibition Co. Ltd. organises the event with the aid of several partners. Visiting hours for the trade fair for the first two days are between 9 am and 5:30 pm. On the third and final day, attendees can visit between 9 am and 4 pm.
The Shenzhen World Exhibition & Convention Centre is among China’s leading event venues. It is an exhibition centre that is easy to access due to its public transport connections. For example, the venue has links throughout the city via several stations. These include the Fuyong Station, Xi Li Station, and Shenzhen North Station. It also has a dedicated station known as the Shenzhen Convention Centre Station. The fair is also close to various ferry terminals and ports. Among them are the Fuyong Ferry Terminal, the Futian Port, and the Shenzhen Bay Port. The Shenzhen Airport is additionally close to the venue. Depending on the starting location and mode of transport, travelling times can vary. For example, via taxi, you will reach the venue in 40 minutes from the Fuyong Ferry terminal. From the Bao'an Airport to the venue, the travelling time by taxi is 30 minutes.
Shenzhen is among China’s largest metropolises. It is a popular tourist location that is easy to access from both China, the rest of Asia and Europe. This is due to the many international transport connections that link the city to the world. Among them are the railway connections, and the highways. For example, via car, you can access the city from Hong Kong in about 90 minutes. The city also has an extensive intracity public transport. This allows you to reach different districts while saving time. For instance, from the Bao’an Airport to the city centre, the travelling time by bus is 45 minutes and by train — 35 minutes. The metropolis has plentiful dining and accommodation options. Such include various restaurants providing cuisines including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Italian, and French. Shenzhen has ample resting opportunities. Among them are high-rise hotels in the Futian, Luohu and Yantian Districts.
Audience and Statistics
CIOE is a high-profile event that receives over 90 000 attendees. Its 2020 edition, for instance, received 2512 exhibitors. It also featured 89294 visitors from around 27 countries. These include nations such as the USA, Germany, Denmark, Canada, Japan, and Lithuania. 97.59% of the visitors were satisfied with the exhibition organization. 96.54% of them were willing to take part in the next year’s edition. 97.53% of trade visitors would recommend CIOE to industry partners and colleagues. Several industries and sectors attend, including consumer electronics, health care, and others.
CIOE’s editions often include new event highlights. Its 2020 edition for example had 3 new zone highlights. These were the UV Technology Zone, the Intelligent Driving Sector Sensor Display, and the ONA. The UV Technology area showcased new products such as UV sensors and others. The Intelligent Driving Sensor Display was the display location of intelligent driving solutions. The ONA was where leading companies showcased novel optical network solutions and products.